Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Little Trunk and A Cute Wooden Table

So with each move I tend to reinvent myself.  After moving to landlocked suburbia, I have reconnected with the love that is thrifting and painting furniture.

I found some steals at local thrift shops and painted to my hearts content!

The trunk was screaming red and cedar lined.  I am more of a beachy calm fan.  So I used chalk paint with dark wax on top.  I also decopaged a map of Oahu on top.  Dream on!


My next project was a little side table.  I might put it next to the front door.  I'm not really sure yet.  I loved the round legs on the table and the height was perfect.  I really struggled to paint it because it was in perfect shape.  I finally decided to paint and not look back.  I'm very happy with the results.  I decided to stencil in Paris Grey chalk paint my wedding anniversary - just to make it more personalized.



 
I'm linking up to The Power of Paint Party at Domestically Speaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment