Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Moving On

It's right around the corner and I find that I have finally grieved this loss for so long that I am ready to move across the country.

I think I must have some sort of "disorder" that keeps me from getting close to people until it's time (or close to time) to leave.  As soon as I know we are moving, I finally let people in.  Then, I just get mad that I have to leave all of the great friends I have made and I regret not doing it sooner.  Live and learn, right?  Next time I will allow myself to get close to people sooner and not fear it.

The packers come at the end of this week and the beginning of next, followed by the loaders.  We will be in Kansas City by the end of next week... making new friends.

I will miss this place so much.

Just a few photos from sleepy little Downtown Bluffton, SC




5 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself. . . it's a two-way street. I think when people find out we've moved so much, it is hard for them to let US in. . . You'll be our prayers for a safe and turn-key move. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you just got there. : ( I am sorry you are sad. SO THANKFUL you have packers and movers though. So, so thankful! I will keep you in my prayers. Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodluck with the move! Sorry you are sad about moving, it looks like it was a great place to live. Hopefully Kansas will be a great place too.

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you are having to move from a place you love so much.....but you are closer to me now and maybe....just maybe one day I could have an awesome Halsey photo of my girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new header and colour!, and i wish you all the best in your new home (town) ! You are a wonderful person, so I am sure you will find new beautiful friends. Kind regards Tessa

    ReplyDelete