Sunday, January 24, 2010

I ♥ Faces - Texture Week

I just can't wait to see all of the entries over at I ❤ Faces this week! Textures can really enhance a photo. I don't feel that this is a strong area for me, however, I'm learning. I adore this black and white photo of my sweet little girl. I decided that it's just too plain jane around the edges and I used about 6 textures (obviously w/ a low opacity and removing it from the skin) to enhance the edges and bring her face even more into focus as the focal point.

Come on over to I ❤ Faces this week and join in the fun!



13 comments:

  1. It's a stunning shot of her! I just love your b&w's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous portrait Catherine! Love the high contrast black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful Catherine. Really truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful capture... and great edit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful soft B&W conversion. Lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This works so well on this beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great picture, with great texture... good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Love the conversion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! I love the black and white too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this in black and white! I never think to add texture to black and white for some reason, but this looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely done. I love that the subtle texture doesn't distract from her beautiful face.

    ReplyDelete